Web Sites-Worth It? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by NJDave on December 05, 1999 at 10:39:02:

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’d wager that if several Investor or Investors’ Service Providers pooled their skillset/offerings…and be more of a One Stop Shop… it might generate some traffic. For example, I structure short sales and other than the occassional spamming to which I admit, my Clients are from referrals &/or word of mouth.

Web Sites-Worth It? - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on December 05, 1999 at 09:48:53:

I was just wondering if any of the seasoned pros were using web sites to attract business and what kind of results they were achieving. I’ve been to several of them and it doesn’t seem like they get a lot of hits. Just wondering if this would be a worthwhile marketing tool (not the number one tool, I know) or is it something that might emerge more as the 'net grows.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Web Sites-Worth It? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on December 06, 1999 at 14:53:53:

Bob,
I think having a website is beneficial, and I’ll tell you why.
First, my website is FREE to maintain and publish.
So, the cost is not a factor.
I do not get much traffic, but just one deal once in a great while, from a FREE website makes it worth the few minutes it took to build it.

And, we also list our website on all correspondence, and business cards, etc.
We have the line at the bottom of each that says, “See us on the web at: http://members.aol.com/WeBuyEm”)

This seems to give us a more professional appearance.

On one deal in particular, the seller listened to me, and liked what I said. She then asked “How” she could know we were “legit”?
I gave her references etc and left her to “think over my offer”.

Well, she called the next day, and said that she had gotten on the internet, and looked up our website.
She NEVER bothered to call any of my references.
She assumed that since we had a website, we MUST be legit, and then signed off on the deal.

Some people are still in the mindset that if you read about it, it must be true. And, for those less than well versed in how easy it is to create, maintain and publish a website, they mean a lot toward credibility.
Even though in my opinion, any schmoe can have one.

So, if you can do a website for free, what have you got to lose?

You may also want to create a banner ad graphic, and join some “click thru link exchanges”. They are FREE and will rotate your banner ad from website to website. Then people only need to “click” to find you.

Go for it,
Jim IL