What do I do, Ed? - Posted by Brian H in VA

Posted by Ed Garcia on March 16, 2001 at 11:22:03:

Brian,

You’re bouncing around this board trying to learn, and I give you credit for that. Here’s what I want you to do. I want you to call me next Monday night 5 o’clock California time at (909) 944-0199, and we will talk one on one about your situation.

You spend the dime, I’ll take the time,

Ed Garcia

What do I do, Ed? - Posted by Brian H in VA

Posted by Brian H in VA on March 16, 2001 at 10:48:29:

Ed, Scott M,

This is a repost of my reply message, I thought it might be more visible if it stood alone. I hope you don’t mind being approached in this manner ,but I was hoping to pick your brain…I live in central VA and am trying to get started without much luck. I refuse to give up, but I need to be pointed in the right direction. What I’m saying is, do you have any information that you have learned over your experiences that could benefit me? I can’t even locate a local REI club!!! Any help would be appreciated.
What I am specifically trying to do is rehab, maybe even flip if I can actually find a situation like that to work, and resell for profit. My credit is better than average and debt/income ratio is only 17% not including my mortgage, but with my mortgage is 50%, basically, I am being laughed at by my bank when I tell them I want to get a loan for a second mortgage! Should I look into landlording? Anyway I am rambling. I haven’t done too much legwork for properties b/c if I can’t finance, then what is the point?

I am intersted in talking to a local about doing somthing as great as this for profit!!!