What is the best way to find undervalued homes? - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on August 01, 2003 at 07:12:22:

Thanks for the suggestions!
Mark

What is the best way to find undervalued homes? - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on July 30, 2003 at 21:43:58:

Hi,
I was hoping if people new the best way to find undervalued properties. I’ve invested for a few years and own 6 units, but I’m tired of buying retail. I would like to buy wholesale if possible. I’m finding most REO’s are not that far off from fair market value. Is there a better way to find undervalued homes?
Thanks,
Mark

a suggestion - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 31, 2003 at 21:26:29:

Mark---------

Nice to talk to you. Congratulations on being a real estate owner.

I think your question is sensible. Many people take this path. They buy at full retail at first then switch to finding bargains or good deals.

I recommend Jack Reed’s book “How to Buy Real Estate for at Least 20% Below Market Value,” which is available from his www.johntreed.com website. It is a survey of around thirty different bargain-buying systems.

Good Investing********Ron Starr*******************

Undervalued homes? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on July 31, 2003 at 14:16:44:

I promise not to get on the “terms” soapbox, but undervalue can also be defined as buying RE property with an assortment of financing that results in a lower present value that the current value of the property being purchased.

Recall the $100,000 house bought for $1,000,000 because payments are $100 a month.

Re: What is the best way to find… - Posted by Todd-ID

Posted by Todd-ID on July 30, 2003 at 23:39:11:

Mark,
Only buy from motivated sellers, period. Without a motivated seller there is no deal. Do a search here for motivated sellers and read the how to articles here about advertising for them. Happy investing!

Todd