What is the reality? - Posted by Mark

Posted by PBoone on October 21, 2000 at 19:29:55:

Here in Portland Oregon we have 6-15 I buy houses adds per week. ALL ARE REALTORS LOOKING FOR LISTINGS except one who is a REAL investor who pays 35-50 cents on the dollar. Here is a suggestion… call them to see what they’re criteria for buying is so when you want to flip you will know who to call.
Pat

What is the reality? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 21, 2000 at 18:07:03:

Hi all,

My wife and I are newbies, going through the RW program, and I seem to see a pile of “I buy homes” type ads, realtors doing investing, etc… Am I just more aware of this now, or is everyone doing RE investing now?

When I see 4 to 6 ads “to buy homes for cash” in a town of 900,000, does this mean that there is no room left for newbies?

We are very motivated to do this biz, and are loving the studying process, along with all the help on the site. Hopefully,we will be able to add 2 cents soon.

Thanks a bunch.
Mark

Re: What is the reality? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 22, 2000 at 24:09:21:

Thanks for the insight everyone. Very comforting. Funny thing is, someone said the ad may be from a realtor, and they are correct. We contacted a realtor from another ad a week ago, and I see one of the “buy for cash” ads is hers. You guys are good!

Have a profitable day.
Mark

Re: What is the reality? - Posted by Karl (OH)

Posted by Karl (OH) on October 21, 2000 at 21:33:37:

If its looking too crowded, check out doing some mobile home deals. I’ll bet you’ll find very little competition in you area.

(Sorry, blatant pitch from the mobile home newsgroup!)

Karl Kleiner

Re: What is the reality? - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on October 21, 2000 at 20:00:10:

Don’t worry about it. There are plenty of deals in a town your size. Pop of my area is 300,000. and we always have two or three ads in the paper. I still find enough deals to keep me happy. Most of them find me now. I don’t do much searching any more.

Laure :wink: