What to say on PHONE to Foreclsure Prospects? - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 12, 2002 at 07:15:10:

Nothing, thats what I would say.

In all seriousness. I think the phone is a pretty poor way to contact people in foreclosure. I’m not trying to insult you or be mean, just my experience. I tried it and its just too easy for them to hang up on you. However, if you are going to call this is what I would do:

1. When you call, I would block your phone number or use a cell phone. No need in letting the prospect have your home number.

2. Do the very soft sell. If they get even the least bit upset get off the phone ASAP and tell them you will call them back at another time.

3. I would say something like this: “Hi, (name), my name is Hiedi. I’m the one who has sent you some cards and letters about your house and didn’t hear anything back, so I thought I’d try getting a hold of you on the phone. Is this a good time?” At this point they may play dumb about their house. Then tell “I noticed their house in the paper as going into foreclosure and I wanted to know if you would be interested in stopping the foreclosure?” Chances are they will tell you they have it taken care of. At that point congragulate them. Then end the call by “I would like to try calling you back in another month or so to make sure everything got taken care of. Is that okay?” Once they say yes. Thanks them and get off the phone.

If they don’t have the problem taken care of DON’T try and explain it over the phone, get an appointment to meet with them.

This is just my suggestion, you will have to modify it a bit to fit your style.

Hope this helps,
Tim

What to say on PHONE to Foreclsure Prospects? - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on March 12, 2002 at 24:50:37:

I’d like to start calling Owners of properties that have just received Notice of Default. I bought a foreclosure course - but they didn’t have any sort of script for calling owners - they just said to do it and get appointments…

I’m not afraid to make calls - but I’d like some idea of what might be a good way to start the conversation so I don’t come across like another bill collector.

Anyone have any opening words they use when calling foreclosure prospects? Thanks SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Heidi