what to say to this question - Posted by Brian_CA

Posted by phil fernandez on April 25, 2000 at 19:22:03:

Mark,

Excellent post. That’s one I’m pasting to my bathroom mirror.

what to say to this question - Posted by Brian_CA

Posted by Brian_CA on April 25, 2000 at 11:24:25:

Can anybody give any advice on what to say when a seller asks, “how are you gonna buy a house you never seen before?”

Re: what to say to this question - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on April 26, 2000 at 21:00:09:

I like Mrk’s answer.

What I’ve always said to this question, is: "…I probably wouldn’t (buy sight unseen). If we can settle on some preliminary financing terms, I have an opening this evening. What’s a good timefor you? About 5:30…or would 5:45 be better?

Bill Gatten

Re: what to say to this question - Posted by Bill (OH)

Posted by Bill (OH) on April 25, 2000 at 20:40:18:

My reply: ‘Why not? That’s what I have appraisers for!’

Re: what to say to this question - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 25, 2000 at 11:45:30:

I would say 2 things:

1. That depends entirely on what you need? Do you need all your cash now? Then I will get financing. Would you prefer not to have to worry about the tax on a lump sum? Then I will work with you to find a way so that you can get your equity over time and thus reduce the tax burder for you.

2. I would also say: I don’t NEED to see the house. I am not going to live there. I don’t care what color it is or what color the carpet is. I am an investor. I care about how much I can rent it for or how much I can re-sell it for. I DO care about the “general” condition it is. What kind of condition IS it in? What repairs does it need to make it rent ready?

Cheers,

Mark