What's the best way to get started in real estate investing? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 02, 2000 at 12:37:33:

Ron,

The best way to get started is to avail yourself of all of the free information on this site. Read the posts on the various newsgroups. Read all of the “How To” articles and “Success Stories”. Check the “REI Clubs” list to see if there’s a club near you. If so, attend a meeting or two to see if it’s for you. You’ll need a well-rounded idea of the business in order to know which area suits your lifestyle and talents.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

What’s the best way to get started in real estate investing? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on May 02, 2000 at 12:09:03:

I have a good education (BSBA Finance) and good business sense (Own a small computer company). What is the best way for me to get started investing in Real Estate? Can anyone recommend an author whose books/tapes I can read? FYI…I am in Southeastern Pa.

thank you

Re: What’s the best way to get started in real estate investing? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 02, 2000 at 13:19:01:

Ron,
Since you included where you are located, I’ll be the first to tell you, “It don’t work where you live!”
Now, after reading that, do not get discouraged.
You will undoubtedly hear this time and again.
The BEST way to combat that is to go out and make deals.
Pretty much any course offered here is good.
Take a look at them, and then see the post from today titled “Who is the best”.
There are going to be a few responses there about this very topic. I already answered there, so to save space, I’ll just send you there to read what I wrote.
HTH,
Jim IL