When to send diret mail? - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 09, 2001 at 16:05:51:

Ken,

I do not think that the day of the week you send the direct mail is that big of a concern. The fact that you are mailing it is important. I would pay more attention to the message. I like to keep my message short and to the point. If you are mailing a postcard, I would have a title on the top and use a bright colored paper to catch the readers eye.

Tim

When to send diret mail? - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 09, 2001 at 15:32:48:

I am about to try my hand at direct mail marketing and have had 1000 printed up and am in the process of addressing. I just had a thought or question. Is there a day of the week in which it is better for this letter to get to their mailbox? I can manipulate this as our local mail is almost always next day. Of course, for the out of town owners it is anybody’s guess when they will get it. But since I am going to send most to people in town, I would welcome feedback if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

Re: When to send diret mail? - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on March 09, 2001 at 21:42:15:

Ken,

I’ve heard the same marketing rule of thumb as Tim.

Definitely avoid Monday since this is usually the heaviest mailing day, and you don’t want your material to get lost in the heap.

Monique

Re: When to send diret mail? - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 09, 2001 at 20:48:09:

Ken,
I don’t have any valid experience to support it, but I recall hearing or reading in a marketing course that receipts during Tuesday through Thursday get better response since folks are swamped and/or lazy Friday through Monday. Hope that helps…