Where do I start Lonnie? (or anyone else who can help) - Posted by Chad Lare

Posted by Tony-VA on February 28, 2000 at 10:58:53:

Congrats Chad, I am always happy to hear others have found an interest in “Lonnie Deals”. You enthusiasm is commendable.

Here are my suggestions for starters while awaiting Lonnie’s material.

1. Do Not attempt to approach a Park Manger (PM) or Seller before you have, at the very least, read “Deals On Wheels”. The info in that book is necessary for you to get things rolling in your favor. The education provided will put you in the driver’s seat and give you credibility with the PM and Sellers.

2. Go out to a store like Wal-Mart and buy an inexpensive Financial Calculator. I use an old Texas Instrument BA-35 (I think Lonnie uses the same). This will do all that you need for these lonnie deals and will only cost you about $20. The more expensive ones can do more but a little more complicated to apply to lonnie’s teaching (from what I have been told by others). I will be happy to help run you through some lonnie numbers to get you proficient with this calculator while you await the material. Lonnie’s book does an oustanding job of explaining how to compute the time value of money so it will be a great reinforcement for you when you get the material.

3. Run www.bigbook.com and put in Mobile Home parks and 50 mile radius of your home address. This will pull up more parks than you knew existed.

4. Drive by these parks to get an idea where they are, what condition they are in etc. (but don’t talk to anyone yet!!!)

5. Monitor this site for advice provided about Mobile Home Deals (A.K.A. Lonnie Deals).

6. Read all of Lonnie’s How to Articles on this site if you have not already done so.

7. Keep your motivation level UP! Review your notes from the convention. Refer to them after you get lonnie’s material to see how you can employ info gained from other speakers to better you lonnie business. For instance, you cannot possible have heard “Mr. Landlord”- Jeffrey Taylor speak without picking up marketing ideas that you can use to better sell you lonnie homes.

Feel free to email me if I can help along the way.

Tony-VA (colella@erols.com)

Where do I start Lonnie? (or anyone else who can help) - Posted by Chad Lare

Posted by Chad Lare on February 28, 2000 at 09:17:33:

I attended CRE online 2000 and purchased the package deal with the two books and the audio cassette course. By the time I got to the front of the line they were all sold out, so the course is being shipped to me in 1 to 2 weeks. I want to start doing mobile home deals as soon as possible. I would like to go through the course first, but what should I do in the mean time to get my feet wet?

Re: Where do I start Lonnie? (or anyone else who can help) - Posted by Nicole_AZ

Posted by Nicole_AZ on February 28, 2000 at 12:40:10:

I agree with Tony. Something else you can do also is to start looking in your newspapers (especially the smaller, PennySaver ones to start getting an idea of what prices are being asked.