where do I start - Posted by merrill

Posted by Amanda on September 18, 2004 at 15:30:18:

I have made several offer, yet one was not accepted and the other is still waiting. Ron’s couse has about 40 CD yet, there are three different sections such as wholesale/ratail, FSBO and lease option. I have finished wholesale. It’s step by step and really learned a lot. Without making offer, we can’t get any. So I am keep looking.

where do I start - Posted by merrill

Posted by merrill on September 18, 2004 at 09:52:34:

I have been reading information on this site over the last few days. I have never invested in real estate. I own a furniture business and I am in the process of renovating the bathrooms and kitchen in my house. It has occurred to me that since my company builds custom vanities and kitchens, I should look into real estate and renovations.
I understand I need to educate myself.
What is the best way to start the process? Should I purchase a course through this site? Which one is recommended for beginners? Should I get my real estate license? Should I join a real estate investment group?
All recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Re: where do I start - Posted by Tom Kirby ¶

Posted by Tom Kirby ¶ on September 18, 2004 at 11:59:01:

Read all the success stories, how to articles under information on the left side of the home page. Then do searches for info in the archives and read some more.

Re: where do I start - Posted by Amanda

Posted by Amanda on September 18, 2004 at 10:05:49:

Hi Merrill.
I was the same situation where you are right now few month ago. I have read many books and materials and also bought a course from this websiete. This website is really helpful. Whenever you have questions, always someone will asner the question and I feel like I have mentors all over the state.

I recently purchased Ron Legrand materials (many people recommened to me when I posted the question) and it is very easy to follow and I learned a lot. I haven’t finished yet. (it’s comes with reading materials and about 40 CDs)

There are many way to make money REI. So I guess the first step is to decide which method you will use.

Hope this will help.

Amamda

Re: where do I start - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on September 18, 2004 at 15:05:59:

Knocking back deals yet?

With 40 CD’s, I’m not sure you’ve got the time to do deals. Too busy learning about the way they might be.