Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by Vic

Posted by Jack on January 20, 2001 at 15:09:05:

Bud, there’s a wholesale Foxworth and Gailbraith’s in McKinney that’s selling a shipment of motel doors (inside connecting doors) for $10 a door). No minimum purchase. Thought I’d mention it in case you have need for some :slight_smile: —Jack

Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on January 19, 2001 at 17:07:11:

Hi again everyone,

Does anyone know where you can get cheap closet doors from?

The closet doors on both kid’s bedrooms are missing. The openings are kind of wide. One is 60" & the other is 48".
Both are 80" high, which I guess is standard.

I went to Home Depot & looked there. Whether I go with panel or acordian type doors, it’s still going to cost over $100 cuz I would need to get a total of 4 sets of 2 panels or acordians to cover the width. There must be a cheaper place to get some kind of closet doors. I’m not looking for anything fancy here - just some kind of a plain, basic clost door. Anybody find a cheap source for closet doors?

Thanks,
Vic

Re: Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by BobCO

Posted by BobCO on January 20, 2001 at 17:43:00:

Don’t buy the accordian doors. Just buy normal doors and install them with sliders (slide back and forth in front and behind each other). Doors are about $20 each and the kit to install is about $8. Know what I’m talking about? Good luck

Re: Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on January 20, 2001 at 10:25:26:

There is a place in Fortworth and one in Dallas that has surplus and close outs like Dickie comments about in Terrell. But I don’t think the Home Depot prices are that expensive. A primed hard board bifold is about $23 for a 24", so $46 for a 48" opening. Louvered wood is about $6/door more.

Re: Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by Dickie

Posted by Dickie on January 20, 2001 at 03:08:46:

If you are in the D/FW area you can try G&S Salvage in Terrell Texas if not try going to a local Lumber Salvage yard or millwork and ask about scratch and dent doors. If you have a handy man to do the work for you, you could just get the doors and he could mortis the hinges in and install a bullet catch.But if you have to hire a professional Entire door units would be recomended for cheaper installation.
P.S. Track style doors don’t last very well.
Hope this helps!

Re: Where To Get Cheap Closet Doors??? - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on January 19, 2001 at 17:30:19:

If you’re handy Vic, you can make them from plywood and stain them. The track kits are available. Otherwise, look to all the classified circulars and garage sales for used ones.

If your doing a quick fix or flip, buy them. Grossman’s Bargain Outlet or other ‘scratch and dent’ stores will have them.