Where to get Mortgages to Buy Houses for Selling on Contract? - Posted by Mark (IL)

Posted by Mark (IL) on April 19, 1999 at 12:42:49:

Mike,

Thanks for the comment that I should use private money.
Can you suggest one or more private loan brokers who can supply private funds? Thanks.

Mark

Where to get Mortgages to Buy Houses for Selling on Contract? - Posted by Mark (IL)

Posted by Mark (IL) on April 19, 1999 at 07:11:41:

All,

I have received William Bronchick’s excellent course entitled “How to Create a RE Cash Cow”. I am interested buying houses with mortgages and selling them on contract. The problem is that if I use the regular bank investor mortgages, I will be limited to around 5-6 mortgages at one time since the banks will report these loans to the credit bureaus which will put them on my credit report.

Can anybody suggest a source of investor mortgages which are not entered on the borrowers credit report? This way I should be able to do an unlimited number of this type of deal. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

Listen Again… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 20, 1999 at 13:18:40:

The course talks about taking properties subject to also, not just going out and getting a loan. It also talks about trying to get the loans in the name of the trust.

David Alexander

Re: Where to get Mortgages to Buy Houses for Selling on Contract? - Posted by Sheik

Posted by Sheik on April 20, 1999 at 06:58:48:

Mark:

First off, I do not have Bronchick’s course and don’t know what the strategy is.

I gathered from your post that your plan is to buy property conventionally (with a bank loan) and then sell on contract.

There are banks out there (few) who will lend money with no limit on the number of properties purchased.
I guess you have to dig 'em out.

Marine Midland Bank will do 10% down investor loan with no limits on the number of properties purchased.

As I mentioned before I don’t know what your strategy is. But if you sell on contract there may be ‘equity interest’ risks involved if you sell on contract and a foreclosure situation comes up. You might want to consider L/O instead.

Sheik

Look into Land Trusts - Posted by BKarnes

Posted by BKarnes on April 19, 1999 at 10:21:48:

Buying property using a land trust will shield you, as the beneficiary, from liability and won’t show up on your credit report.

Re: Where to get Mortgages to Buy Houses for Selling on Contract? - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on April 19, 1999 at 07:38:43:

Use private lenders bud Nuff said!

Good Luck

Mike Oldfield