who are these guys? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Stan on April 02, 2007 at 12:13:47:

What you say is true. Obviously your bad experience is a lesson to all of us. That does not mean however that all PMs are bad or that all are good. Rental properties are not for everyone. You must be able and ready to deal with it. Live and learn! Grow with your mistakes!

who are these guys? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on December 26, 2006 at 20:02:05:

I see a Mr. Vaughn and Mr. Garcia advertising their mentorship programs on this site. There is also a Mr. Bronchick (don’t know if any spelling is correct and do not mean any disrespect) Are these guys any different than Mr. Sheets and the dozens of others that want to sell you advice. Do they own this site? Just how are they connected? No offense, but anytime I see one of their articles, there’s a course they want to sell to go along with it. I thought this site was to get info from individuals who experience hands on deals, not millionaires trying to make more by selling info that is out there free for the asking. Local realestate people, tax preparers, bankers, and investors offer this advice free. If I’m way out of line feel free to tell me.I’ve found that anything you want to do simply requires a little investigation and common sense to get started, then learn and go from there. Learn, so you don’t have to pay others to tell you how to think.

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by lisa

Posted by lisa on January 15, 2007 at 20:12:52:

I respect your comments because it’s the truth. Maybe if people read more, then they would’t think that they had to pay people to give them the information that they could get on their own by just doing a little research. I’m trying to get into real estate investing myself, and that is why I chose to get my hands dirty rather than take the easy and most of all costly way out…

Anyone that thinks there isn’t… - Posted by Gary-Oregon

Posted by Gary-Oregon on January 02, 2007 at 14:00:17:

quality info. given away for free on this site has truly fallen asleep at the wheel.

Even if you choose not to buy any of the offerings, read the articals, participate in the discussions (or at least read the ones that interest. There is simply a wealth of information that is freely provided. As always there is some misinformation as well, and we each need to be careful of the advice we choose to listen too. LOL

Re: who are these guys? (long) - Posted by max-Va

Posted by max-Va on December 28, 2006 at 22:17:10:

Bob,
Unlike some other posters here, I will give you a straight answer.
Terry Vaughn and his wife JP founded and opperate this site.
Ed Garcia is a financing genius, He forgot more about financing than most of us ever knew.
Bill Bronchick is a very successful Real estate Attorney, he put together a REI and asset protection course packages.
All of them are and were very successful investors before becoming involved with this site. None of them make a living off of material they sell. They are available to corrospond with and are always very helpful to answer your questions.

They started this site as infomation exchange. They have been asked about so many courses by new investors, that they set up a section of courses, they recomend and sell through this site. They make a few dollars selling courses so this site is free for all. I personally have met most of the modorators on this site and they are the finest, caring and helpful people I have ever met.
The next CREonline convention you need to attend and meet them in person and see what I mean. Consider yourself lucky you found this site, and learn something everytime you visit.

Some Folks Need Comfort - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on December 27, 2006 at 07:50:24:

Its about personality. some folks can’t go the bathroom without a thorough consideration of the pros and cons and options. and some people are super aggressive, and dive into things without a ton of analysis.

The former group is the one which benefits most from courses, materials, seminars, and they are the customers.

the fact that some of the moderators have figured out a way to make a few dollars is OK with me. they are the ones who created this free resource for us (and it not free to them).

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Bernie

Posted by Bernie on December 27, 2006 at 01:19:42:

Bob,
Welcome to the world of online creative real estate investing. A world where information marketing is king. And inexpensive credible information is non-existent.

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on January 15, 2007 at 21:46:54:

Good luck with your investing Lisa. Use caution and common sense. Do some small deals to get a start. If you are thinking about rentals, remember, realestate investing is one thing. Dealing with tenants, contractors, inspectors and sometimes the court system is an entirely different game. I’ll be selling my rentals this year and begin re-hab and flipping. That way I can go on vacations and not have to worry about what’s going on. People are very unreliable making it hard to trust someone to take care of things when your away. Again, Best of Luck.

Well put, Max - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on December 29, 2006 at 21:38:34:

I couldn’t have said it better. Know all of them, have bought from most all of them, and their best was usually freely given over a beer. Which they bought!

Bob needs to step back from his stinkin’ thinking and not be shy about spending a buck or two to take a few jumps up the learning curve. That’s what the bucks do, Bob. Exchange money for someone else’s experiance.

Best regards,
Dave

Re: who are these guys? (long) - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on December 29, 2006 at 21:19:29:

Thanks for the response and info. I appreciate your time explaining. Bob

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Jack E

Posted by Jack E on December 28, 2006 at 14:31:21:

Bob. Bernie knows that is not all true. Information marketing maybe lucrative, but it is not King on this site. Inexpensive credible information is all over here. Yes some are owners, some are not

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Stan

Posted by Stan on January 26, 2007 at 22:54:24:

Spoken like a true S (Cashflow Quadrant, Robert Kyosaki). You have either never tried property management companies, (don’t trust them perhaps? Nobody can do it like you can?) or have had bad experience(s) with them.

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Bernie

Posted by Bernie on December 28, 2006 at 16:30:20:

Well anyway, I digress. It might be credible. If it tailors toward your exact predicament at the time. For example, let’s discuss Ron LeGrand. Ron openly admits that he has made a “literal fortune” selling his courses and bootcamps. It’s funny how he personally laughs at this fact. I would personally rather sell the picks and shovels to the gold miners than do the mining.

Re: who are these guys? - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on March 31, 2007 at 22:44:10:

There are property management companies and there are property management companies. You have to be good at picking honest people to with with these and you have to know what’s going on in their business because things change. I had one PM company that was padding estimates and billing me for work not actually done. Almost ended up in court. I have another that has grown beyond the ability of the founder to effectively manage and has gone from being very responsive to non-responsive. This is not something everyone is prepared or willing to deal with.