Posted by David Alexander on November 18, 2000 at 11:31:56:

Eeehhk…

Glad your doing well, but still no reason to lose touch… :slight_smile:

David Alexander

Who gets more deals? - Posted by Julia

Posted by Julia on November 16, 2000 at 24:49:01:

___________Investors that are fit & Trim

___________Investors that are Fat & Overweight

I think that sellers looking at fat people kind of look for another investor. The reason being that I was overweight by 40 lbs and no deals, but now that I have lost 52lbs I have had 3 deals accepted in just 2 1/2 months! Go Figure…

Stay away from the Hagen Das folks and jump on the treadmill if you wanna be a succesful investor!

IT WORKS!

Julia

Re: Who gets more deals? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on November 16, 2000 at 11:43:28:

Julia,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! Both for losing 52 pounds and also for getting 3 deals accepted in 2½ months. Good work in both areas of your life - physical and financial.

I agree with your underlying premise that a sensible diet and appropriate exercise are good for your physical health and appearance. But I disagree that one must be physically fit and trim in order to be a successful investor. I’ve met too many overweight yet successful investors at the last two CREOnline conventions as well as at seminars, workshops, boot camps and the like. I won’t mention any names, we all know who we are, and the last thing I’d want to do is offend anyone who, like me, struggles with their weight. You see, Julia, I’m about 100 pounds overweight but that doesn’t keep me from making my living as a full-time real estate investor. I’ve been full-time since 1998 and can’t tell you how enjoyable it is to have the freedom this lifestyle provides. Several of the posters on this news group have been to my home and while I don’t live lavishly, I think they’d agree that I live in a nice, comfortable home, in a safe and pleasant neighborhood.

Could I do more deals if I were fit and trim? Who knows? Could I do more deals if I were better looking? Again, who knows? Could I do more deals if I were more intelligent? Have you ever met anyone who is very intelligent, but who couldn’t but a deal together if his or her life depended on it? I have. Could I do more deals if I were younger, or older; female instead of male; a different ethnic background, spoke a foreign language, drove a fancier car, wore designer cloths, worked out of an impressive office? It’s my opinion that these factors have very little bearing on one’s ability to achieve success in life.

Julia, when you made the changes in your lifestyle that resulted in your very commendable weight loss, perhaps one of the things that happened was that your self-esteem improved and your prospects sensed your self-confidence. I’m only speculating because I don’t know you. But I’ve known others who have made a positive improvement in one area of their lives which has a definite impact on other aspects of their lives. Whatever sacrifices you made to loose the weight, GOOD FOR YOU!! If that had an impact on your ability to do deals, FANTASTIC!! Keep up the good work!!

Just my 2¢

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Who gets more deals? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on November 16, 2000 at 03:24:49:

I agree with the last post. It’s all in how you carry yourself. You have to feel confident and TRUST YOURSELF. Don’t think negatively. And don’t THINK you can make deals happen- KNOW you can make deals happen.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Re: Who gets more deals? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 16, 2000 at 01:47:00:

Julia,

Betcha it has more to do with yourself and your own inner confidence than anything else. Sellers want folks that can solve the problem.

For Instance have you ever met someone that was really, I mean really good to look at… And then they opened there mouth… and all bets were off… :slight_smile:

By the same token someone that is moderately attractive but has that shine… inner confidence, takes the time to get to know you… and then can solve your problem to boot… they’ll get the deal. You want to be someone folks can relate to, whether that be your overweight, underweight, just right, perfect!

Probably going to look at this post in the morning and say did I type that?Lol.

David Alexander

Who gets more deals? - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on November 18, 2000 at 01:09:34:

I have to agree with Jim about your first impression… Had I not talked to you prior to meeting you in Atlanta, I probably would have turned the other way. Sheesh, there goes my whole claim of not being superficial!

Brandi_TX
(Missing the “gang”, but lovin’ life.)

David, good post! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on November 16, 2000 at 03:56:50:

David,
You would the the right person to talk to.
I’ll be honest, when I talked to you online, I pictured this guy in a three peice suit.
BOY WAS I WRONG!
You sir are one of the investors/posters here that I respect the most, and I TOTALLY appreciate the guidance you have given me both here and at the convention.
Your confidence certainly shines through, and your attitude is catching.

You should see the sellers faces when I arrive for a meeting on my HAWG in the summer months?!?!
Then again, the look on seller’s faces when I arrive for a meeting at this time of year (It got down to 30-some degrees today and will go no higher than 32 or so tomorrow) on my HAWG are equally funny.

I guess the gunshot hole stickers on my bikes gas tank are not the best sales tool, but it is me. (or the other “ornaments” that adorn my scooter.)
As long as I offer the seller a solution, they could care less if I showed up on a muel naked I suppose.
Well, alright, that probably WOULD scare them off!

Anyway, good post David.

signed,
Jim IL
An overweight biker who HATES Hagan Daz (sp?), but loves his beer. (Get my drift?)

P.S. I do however hide my tattoos under my shirt when I first meet with sellers.

Õ¿Õ

Re: Who gets more deals? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 18, 2000 at 01:37:26:

NAaaaaaH… I wouldnt have let let ya miss out on the fun… You just would have had to get over that superficialness… (is that even a word?)

Yeah… where ya been hidin’

I kinda miss having the short fat old bald man around (No offense meant to anyone that is any of those things)

David Alexander

Re: David, good post! - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 16, 2000 at 12:25:50:

Thanks for the Ego boost…

But the bottom line is We solve alot of problems, and while we are solving those problems we get paid.

David Alexander

HEY! You forgot about my liver spots! - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on November 18, 2000 at 01:51:38:

ROFL, am I EVER gonna live that down?

I have been playin’ real life Cashflow101. It has been a crazy year for us, but God willing, I’ll be able to fill you in at the convention. Maybe I can get to Dallas before then?? Who knows?

Brandi_TX