Wholesaling with a good agent? - Posted by Robuck

Posted by JoeS on March 11, 2002 at 22:14:27:

Your showing agent should NOT care who you sell to, as long as you come to them when you want to buy! If this agent is not happy with your repeat business and wants to get too involved in your selling business, then it is time to get another agent to buy properties from!

They should have to understand ONLY 1 thing…you BUY from them! You sell to whomever you want. period!

Wholesaling with a good agent? - Posted by Robuck

Posted by Robuck on March 11, 2002 at 18:41:52:

I have a great agent who sends me info at least twice a week. I found a deal and put it under contract.

Now I want to assign my contract to another agent who is a investor.

My agent is now confused that I want to sale my contract. She said “why don’t I close and then sale to him.” I explained he wants it now.

The only reason I spoke to agent about the assignment is because she’s really nice and helps alot and she is the only one with the combo to the lockbox, so I can’t show my investor the inside without her.

I tried to put in a clause to have a key prior to closing but that was denied by the seller.

How would you explain this to my agent who has no idea of creative real estate and not burn any bridges?

Thanx,
Robuck

Re: Wholesaling with a good agent? - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on March 12, 2002 at 08:21:11:

Robuck,

I think the answer to your question is whatever you want it to be. Why don’t you want to close and sell it too the other investor? That’s your answer.

There’s lots of legitimate reasons for assignment that your agent shouldn’t care about one bit. I think your reason was fine. The investor wants the house now. How about you don’t want to wait until closing to get paid? How about you don’t want to use your money to close if you don’t have too?

In the end, the house is getting sold and the agent will make a commission, that’s all she should care about.

It shouldn’t offend her that you want to assign. I think you just need to explain it correctly.

Just my thoughts,

Steve