whos got the P.A licen down pat going crazy - Posted by Tom Kirby

Posted by tom kirby on October 14, 2003 at 22:02:02:

well i did answer, but where I WORK just installed new software, that cans everything! Had to install Two internet services(sorry doc)I live in P.A and work in N.Y…because the money is in N.Y. I’d be happy in P.A if the money was there , but bought a 38+ acere for 200,000. 3+ yeas ago, and feel that was worth more than paying 350,000.00 in Long Island. Anyway I’m near honsdale P.a.;…Wayne County P.A were are you?
thanx, Tom Kirby

whos got the P.A licen down pat going crazy - Posted by Tom Kirby

Posted by Tom Kirby on October 12, 2003 at 13:00:37:

It seems to me that everybodys has a differrent story about licensing in Pennsylvania. Installment license, realestate license,car dealer license. sales license. Which ones do I need, seems nobody knows. Why don’t government leave FREE enterprise alone. Oh did I forget store front, public bathrooms, after filling their requirments you’ll be broke and owe them money.

Consider another definition. - Posted by Ben-PA

Posted by Ben-PA on October 14, 2003 at 09:53:22:

Greg?s suggestion of using the ?person? idea is very bad. He neglected to consider the definition of ?buying, selling, or exchanging? as listed in the PA Board of Vehicles Act. The definition:
?Includes listing, offering, auctioning, advertising, representing or soliciting, offering or attempting to solicit or negotiate on behalf of another a sale, purchase or exchange or any similar or related activity.?

Additionally, trying to circumvent the law and posting that fact on the internet isn?t a wise move. The penalty for doing what Greg suggested is, assuming conviction, (which should be easy as Greg confessed). . . . ?$1,000 or any higher amount equal to double the pecuniary gain derived from the offense. The sale of each vehicle in violation of this act constitutes a separate offense.?

Here is another clause relating to mobile home parks which you may find interesting:
?It shall be unlawful for any person, for a commission, compensation or other consideration, to sell or act as salesperson, broker or sales agent in connection with the sale of one or more mobile homes located in a mobile home park, as provided for in section 11 of the act of November 24, 1976 (P.L.1176, No 261), known as the Mobile Home Park Rights Act, unless such person shall be licensed under this act, except as provided for in paragraph (2).?
(Note paragraph 2 has to do with realtors? exemption)

One more point. PA notary laws are getting complex and the agreement notaries must sign is scary. I doubt very much if you will find a notary who will place liens on titles without your installment seller?s license number. The penalty for doing one deal without a license is high.

Tom, here is my free advice and you can take it for what it cost:
I did not interpret the PA laws for you. Get a copy of the licensing material as Greg suggested and read it several times without reading into the laws what you want them to say.

Get the licenses. Travel the speed bumps!

Re: whos got the P.A licen down pat going crazy - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on October 13, 2003 at 11:37:04:

I ordered the dealer’s license package from Harrisburg.
You can, too at 717-787-4291.
Near the end, it tells you who is required to be licensed…any person trading more than 4 MH’s in a year. If you look up their definition of “person”, it is any human being or legal entity.
I am a person.
My wife is a person.
The LLC I just created is a person.
The new LLC I’ll create next year if I start doing more than one deal a month will be a person, too!

Capice?

I do… - Posted by Ben-PA

Posted by Ben-PA on October 12, 2003 at 20:41:14:

…but who is the “everybody” with a different story?
PaDMV issues the license after you get local approval after you get a certificate of occupancy, and while getting an installment sellers license. Its as easy as eating a Big Mac while a Bengal Tiger has his jaws clamped on your neck!

Well, why don’t you leave THEM alone? - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 12, 2003 at 13:18:46:

If you believe everything you read then:

You must send doc $1,000.

Mail it to P.O. Box 12,
Cabazon CA 92230

On the count of three you will awaken and feel calm and refreshed and remember nothing of what happened.

Regards, doc

More ‘persons’ than you can shake a stick at. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on October 13, 2003 at 15:44:35:

Your wife, sister, brother-in-law, best friend, neighbor, mom, dad, are all ‘persons’. And dont’ forget your friends, the butcher, the baker and the candle-stick maker.

How many deals do you expect to do next year? Why not concentrate on making some money first and then decide if you can benefit by having your entire state’s bureaucracy as your partner.

Regards, doc

Re: I do… - Posted by Tom Kirby

Posted by Tom Kirby on October 12, 2003 at 23:34:19:

How much do these nice people charge for all this bureaucracy.Certificate of occupancy? Oh you mean the deed to my house? And wife and dog, and then they can tell me No! BTW what part of P.A are you from?
Thanx, Tom

You didn’t answer… - Posted by Ben-PA

Posted by Ben-PA on October 14, 2003 at 09:55:23:

…my question of who “everybody” is. I’m in the northeast.