Why Jackie Lange will rule the world. - Posted by karp

Posted by Tim (OH) on January 15, 1999 at 13:33:20:

Lee, I loved to listen to Bruce Williams, but haven’t been able to find him in Northeast Ohio since the early 80’s. Where can I find him.

He’s a little conservative in his dealings than I am but all of us need a little “grounding” occassionally.

Tim

Why Jackie Lange will rule the world. - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on January 14, 1999 at 12:46:36:

Hi Folks,

I had the pleasure of spending some phone time with Jackie the other day. We shared techniques, advice, “trade secrets”, etc. I wanted very much to talk with her because, for whatever reason, I have always HATED “flips”. Jackie, as you know, is the Goddess of Flips.

Jackie spent the time to reorganize my Neural Network and show me the error of my ways. Now, I understand my misthinking and have yet another tool to add to my arsenal.

I may never do another flip, but I sure know I could after that call. But here’s the important thing:

Jackie really impressed me. She possesses the 4 attributes which “make” an awesome investor:

1. enjoys learning and is not fixed to one “area”.
  2. has a great sense of humor.
  3. gives advice.
  4. asks for it just as easily.

Jackie said she intends to “sponge” as much information from the rest of us as she expands into other areas. I say, Jackie, you can never “sponge”. With the reciprocity you demonstrate and the supreme attitude you have, I can only hope everyone will help you at least half as much as you helped me.

Thanks,

karp
aka Karl Hartley

Re: Why Jackie Lange will rule the world. - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 16, 1999 at 10:41:35:

BTW - what’s this “rule the world” stuff???

I only want my little piece of northeast Dallas!

Re: Why Jackie Lange will rule the world. - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 15, 1999 at 09:35:44:

I’m blushing!

Thanks for the kind words karp. I equally appreciate the insights you shared with me about lease options.

That’s what this site is all about people helping people to reach their dreams and obtain their true potential.

I’ve learned so much from everyone else, I hope I can give back a little to help all the new investors get started.

Jackie

p.s. Realmoney - I’ve tried rehabs - and sure the money is good BUT in the three or four months it takes to get a rehab fixed up and resold (and having your money and time tied up) I can do 6 or more flips for two to three times the profit of the rehab - all without money, no risk, no loans, no hassles -

I like no hassle!

Jackie could rule even more, if… - Posted by Realmoney

Posted by Realmoney on January 15, 1999 at 01:22:32:

All this talk about “flips” is great, but…come on! Why hand over money to other investors? People, sure it’s a way to make a few quick bucks, but…why do you think the investors are more than willing to pay you $3,000 and walk away with the deal? It’s because they’ve done the extra homework and they know how to make many more times that. Why not be on there side of the fence? Why not be the one that HAS the “I buy houses” ad?

I agree it’s a way to learn the ropes a little, but so is reading. Go the extra mile, learn how to coordinate rehabs (Kevin’s book), learn how to resell yourself for higher profits (that’s what the investor is most likely going to do!), and MAKE THE BIG BUCKS.

I certainly admire Jackie, and like everyone else on this site, I appreciate her willingness to share her wisdom freely in a form that’s easy to understand. I just hope that everyone realizes that there is a heck of a lot more money to be made by being the Top Dog, instead of the Bird Dog.

Best of luck to all!

Thank goodness… - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on January 14, 1999 at 23:53:19:

…for Jackie’s effort.
If it weren’t for her where would we be?

We all are greatfull.

Two things come to mind:

1. The more I learn… the more I realize I don’t know. SLM

2. The brain doesn’t overflow (with information)… It expands.
    Bruce Williams
    (National raido talkshow host) business owner R/E investor and a no nonsence great guy.
    Look Bruce up on the www or find him on your raido from 6:00 to 9:00 Central Time.

Lee

Re: I Agree - Jackie’s Great - Posted by Jim Simons

Posted by Jim Simons on January 14, 1999 at 14:27:16:

I have to agree. Jackie took time out to help me out.
She gives a lot of her time helping many people on this board. Her comments are always filled with excellent, intelligent, straight to the point advice.

And she has a great sense of humor. - Thanks Jackie!

Re: Why Jackie Lange will rule the world. - Posted by Patricia

Posted by Patricia on January 15, 1999 at 15:14:10:

Jackie, You sound like someone with a good head on her shoulders and someone I could definitly learn from. I am a newbie and would like some sound advice on what to do to get started. I like the idea of flipping and also I would like to actually a couple of houses. I am eager to learn but, need a little coaching. Think you are up for the task? I hope so I need help and don’t want to get off on the wrong foot. I need cash and lots of it to pay my existing bills and want to invest. Please help

Patricia

No way dude. - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on January 15, 1999 at 14:10:31:

There will come a point in your life where time is more important than anything. The stress free world of a flip without dealing with contractors and all that crap sounds far, far better to me.

Thanks,

karp

Re: Jackie could rule even more, if… - Posted by Tim (OH)

Posted by Tim (OH) on January 15, 1999 at 13:29:28:

I think the true value of flips are that they “pay the bills” and allow the new and (sometimes) experienced investor to pay the bills, acquire cash for long term investment, and generally keep them “in the game”.

I don’t think anyone would dispute the value of long term investment for larger profits and hassle-proof income, but the majority of us need to generate income and cash as quickly as possible.

Although you point is valid, I think flips have their place in the average investors arsenal.

Tim