Wife won't sign deed!!!!!! - Posted by Frustrated

Posted by John Merchant on August 07, 2003 at 10:24:35:

Seller can probably sue & obtain Judgment, forcing you to deliver title just as you agreed.

Depending on the State of the RE, you might or might not have authority to bind your wife, legally. If the court were to hold you DID have, then she will be ordered to sign & perform the contract as agreed by you.

I’d see a lawyer pretty quick on this deal so as to look at all your options.

Next time, you & your wife better get together before you commit yourself in writing.

Wife won’t sign deed!!! - Posted by Frustrated

Posted by Frustrated on August 07, 2003 at 01:32:01:

My wife and I own a multifamily building and the title is held as community property. I signed a contract to sell the property and when it came time to sell, my wife had second thoughts and would not sign. Mind you, she never signed the selling agreement.I was the only one on the contract. Escrow won’t close without her deeding the property. Buyer is screaming bloody murder and I feel the heat coming from all directions. Is this deal dead in the water if wife won’t sign? What are my liabilities to the seller?

Frustrated

Wife’s cooperation - Posted by B.T.

Posted by B.T. on August 11, 2003 at 19:50:12:

I never heard of such a thing! You mean you’re wife doesn’t jump to do your bidding?

Why my wife wouldn’t think of disagreeing with me and is delighted with my every suggestion. And if you buy this, I’ve got some nice bridges around the world to sell you, bargain prices;)