Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Mary

Posted by Rich[FL] on September 13, 2004 at 14:34:18:

Way to go Mary! Good luck and keep charging!!!

Rich
spring-loaded for hurricane evacuation mode!!! :frowning:

Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on September 11, 2004 at 01:06:56:

Has anyone in Wisconsin obtained a dealer license lately and if so would you please share what it entailed?

From my research it sounds like if you are going to sell more than 2 MHā€™s you need one.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary

Re: Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Rich(WI)

Posted by Rich(WI) on September 11, 2004 at 08:37:02:

The advice given to me was try a few deals first and see if you like it before jumping through the governmental hoops. You could always put a couple of deals in your name and a couple in a significant other or childs name. Good luck.

Re: Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on September 11, 2004 at 22:12:07:

Richā€¦thanks for the response. I think thatā€™s what I will doā€¦see if I like it first. Iā€™m mainly interested in knowing what getting a dealerā€™s license all entails.

By the way, I think I possibly met you in 2002 at the Creonline convention. Is that possible? Iā€™m in the central Wisconsin area near Wausau.

Mary

Re: Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Rich(WI)

Posted by Rich(WI) on September 12, 2004 at 13:04:52:

I am in the Tomah/Mauston area. I was at the Mobile Home Workshop in Atlanta last year.
The Wisconsin Department of Commerce has the information you are looking for. Try their website under Safety and Buildings Licensing.
http://www.commerce.state.wi.us/SB/SB-FormCredAppList.html

Rich (WI)

Posted by Mary on September 12, 2004 at 13:37:32:

Thanks, Rich!

I just received Lonnieā€™s books. I was also at Ernestā€™s workshop down in Gainesville recently between hurricanes. With all that information I just need to do some deals.

I wish I was not such an analytical-type person.
Mary

Re: Wisconsin Dealer License - Posted by Eli

Posted by Eli on September 12, 2004 at 19:53:34:

Mary I remember talking to you in Gainsville, I think you have a VERY bad case of Analysis Paralysis. JUST JUMP IN, the water is not that bad. We are all here to help you, we will babysit you through the whole process. Make us all a promise that as soon as you finish the books, you will buy something. But dont just buy the first thing you see, ask us for advise.

Posted by Mary on September 12, 2004 at 23:47:07:

Eliā€¦Iā€™m half way through Lonnieā€™s book. Doesnā€™t seem so difficult. Called an ad on Friday that read ā€œ1986 Riveroak mobile home 2 bed, 2 full baths, enclosed porch, central air, all appliances, plus washer and dryer, 2 year old furnace, $5,000 OBOā€. Lady seems to be real motivated. Sheā€™s selling it for her mother going in a nursing home. Too bad itā€™s only a 2 bedroom but I like the 2 full baths. Itā€™s set-up in one of the areas nicer parks. We (my husband and I) cruised the whole park and found quite a few 4 sale signs. Iā€™m going to follow Karlā€™s advice and Monday try to speak with Park Manager. Iā€™ll explain to him/her what I want to do like Karl suggests on his power point presentation and go from there.

I really havenā€™t been considering MH investing all that long.It never appealed to me much. Before the workshop I had called my friend Rich to see how he was doing and he suggested maybe I come down to Gainesville. I called Ernest about the ā€œToolkitā€ and he invited me down even after I explained my situation. I met some great people and have never been motivated like I am now. Karl and I have talked through email (God Bless all those great folks down in Florida). And as Karl would suggest before you enter your Market you need to TARGET your strategy. Thatā€™s my problem I have never had a plan. The main problem with most newbies is they donā€™t know where to start.

Eli, Thank you for offering help. I will take this forum up on that. I will be doing my first deal real soon.

Mary

Now you are on to something - Posted by Eli

Posted by Eli on September 13, 2004 at 24:17:53:

Mary, I think you could quite possibly be on to something with this home. In my market that sounds like a pretty good deal. If I were you I would put an add in the paper and get a list of people you could sell this to. A ten dollar add can save you thousands by letting you know what people will pay. Congradulations on making some progress, remember to analyze things but you can have too much of a good thing. And remember we are all here for you.

Re: Now you are on to something - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on September 13, 2004 at 08:04:17:

Eli, that was the other thing I was going to do. I want to start a database of possible buyers like Karl talked about. He finds out how much of a payment they can handle and designs the L/O around their payment.

Iā€™m going to try and get a hold of the Park Manager this morning. Hopefully he/she will let me bring buyers into the park.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will let you know how it goes.

Mary