Wow! A Park Manager called me at 8 p.m. last night - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 28, 2001 at 12:10:23:

I have not used a packet of material approach but it might be a very good idea. It may help keep you, the park manager and the park owner on the same page. Let us know how it works out if you use it.

Tony

Wow! A Park Manager called me at 8 p.m. last night - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on February 27, 2001 at 10:33:01:

I couldn’t believe it when I answered the phone and it was a Park Manager. The Park Manager and the owner of the park saw one of my flyers I put out this weekend.

She mentioned that there were a couple of mobiles in the park that were fixers and 1 had a Sheriff’s eviction notice on it.

Anyway, she wants to meet with me on Friday at 10:00 a.m. and now I’m nervous. Afterall, this is so new to me and I’m afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks so much,

Jacque

Re: Wow! A Park Manager called me - Posted by Wayne (MD)

Posted by Wayne (MD) on February 28, 2001 at 05:45:17:

Sounds like you said all the right things in your flyer. Would you share what you said and how you presented it?

Thanks,

Wayne

Just be yourself! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 27, 2001 at 10:42:27:

Sure, simply be friendly and be honest. Take some time to chew the fat and then work on explaining how you do business. Explain that you like to work closely with park managers both when you buy homes, and when you sell homes. As a small company, you are able to provide more personal service to the park than the major finance companies. If problems arise, they get you on the line, not some clerk.

Let them know that you are there to help them with homes that other people simply arn’t buying. You understand that the park wants performing lot rents and decent tenants. You are willing to pay cash (for the right price) for these homes. This may help get rid of bad tenants for the park. You will work closely with the park to find a buyer that meets the parks tenant standards. Once the home has sold, you will work closely with the park to monitor this buyer and make certain they are paying lot rent. Should something go bad, you will work side by side with the park to get the people out and new buyers for the park to approve.

Jacque, after chatting with you at the MH chat the other night, I would just suggest you be yourself. You are naturally friendly and approachable. Just take the time to let the PM know this, then explain your business.

Tony-VA

Sure, here it is… - Posted by Jacque

Posted by Jacque on February 28, 2001 at 10:35:09:

Hi Wayne,

I used bright - very bright - yellow colored paper and wrote:

We Buy or Lease
Used Mobile Homes

Bought?Sold?Financed

Affordable Prices
Flexible Terms
No Banks

My Name & (360)BUY-SELL

I got most of this directly from Lonnie’s books.

I used the largest type that would fit on the flyer and made 200 copies on a copy machine.

I have been making bandit signs (for this I use 2 sheets of 8 x 11 paper) and have been putting them up all over the place on the weekends.

Jacque

Thanks Tony - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on February 27, 2001 at 21:42:45:

Tony,

Thank you so much for the advice. I’ve printed out your suggestions and will use it as a reference. It gave me a good start on practicing a dialog for Friday.

I’m taking it as a good sign that the owner of the park also saw my flyer and instructed the Park Manager to call me.

Would you suggest having a packet of information to hand to the Park Manager? ( i.e. - a flyer on buying/selling, what we do, etc…or is that not even necessary)?

O.K. so…Although, I’m still nervous - I’m looking forward to this meeting.

Thanks,

Jacque