WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by LISA

Posted by Gerald-DC on April 22, 2002 at 08:49:28:

Mrs. T:

I think 97% of the people who take the LeGrand challenge fail if they have never done a deal before. Ron LeGrand is a great teacher and motivated but he is also a business man and a great salesman too.

Give your marketing time to succeed. Also, get out there and meet other investors at investment clubs and seminars.

I have Ron LeGrand’s Cash Flow System and while it is informative and entertaining, it is by no means to the definitive source of how to make money in real estate investing. I also think Ron makes it seem too easy to get deals.

Sometimes you have to take the info from the course and customize it to your particular needs and the area where you live.

Keep on trucking and you will get there.

P.S., I took Ron’s challenge last year and failed miserably. I focused on trying to do a lease/option deal but in retropect, I think a wholesale deal is the only way you can make the 3K in 30 days.

Best wishes.

WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by LISA

Posted by LISA on April 21, 2002 at 13:30:02:

You all would NOT believe the calls I am getting from my desparate seller ad!!! I have 2 1/2 pages already of buyers interested with cash or they are pre-qualified etc. I am just here at my phone taking calls and setting appointments to show starting at 6:00 tonight and tomorrow. I found MANY people that have another house to sell too and STILL have cash to buy this one. THIS IS CRAZY!!!

THIS IS A HOT market right now in Calif. and I think that’s why. I hope I can pull this off. I know I will sell it but I just hope I can do it in 21 days. I NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT I GET THE DEPOSIT at least so I am going to work like CRAZY on Monday to find an investor to lend it to me. (I will give him a percentage of the deal for helping me of course) I got a call from another lady who lives on the lake, she wants to move up so now I am also going to take her house and do the same thing. Cool thing is it’s NOT listed yet. The house I am working on IS currently listed.
I will keep you all posted
Thanks for all your responses
Lisa

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by LISA

Posted by LISA on April 24, 2002 at 07:24:57:

Hey everyone! Iv’e wanted to get here to post an update sooner but I have been so busy working on all of this I now have 3 properties under contract!!!
I have not sold or flipped any yet I am working on that and the financing just in case. I have outs on all the contracts if I need it so that I don’t have to close if I can’t flip them in time. I have 2 properties that I think I have buyers for right now and I will know more tomorrow. LET’S HOPE FOR THE BEST! As far as the person who requested the address on one of the properties I have NEVER heard from them so???. Oh well! I will keep you all posted.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR REPSONSES AND HELP!
Lisa

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on April 24, 2002 at 24:41:51:

How about an update? How are these calls panning out? You get any takers under contract yet?

What about the person here posting for the address? Are they going to buy it?

Hey, its been 3 days now since you posted this! Inquiry minds want to know! :slight_smile:

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 22, 2002 at 15:06:50:

Not a LeGrand student so maybe that is why I don’t understand. When you say desperate seller ad… You mean YOU are the desperate seller?? Or you are looking for a desperate seller?

If you are looking buyers… Then I am not surprised… It is always easier to find a buyer for a house you bought right than to actually buy it right. (When you have a motivated a seller, everything else falls into place. Too bad most stories/courses start with, “I had this motivated seller…”)

Thanks,

Mark

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Lisa on April 22, 2002 at 11:00:33:

As requested, the address to my property is 3827 Mainsail Circle, Westlake Village.
Fabulous waterfront, Viking outdoor barbeque, boat dock, completely remodeled granite kitchen and more!

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by Mrs. T

Posted by Mrs. T on April 21, 2002 at 19:43:29:

LIsa,

I’m in a similar market but am not getting any calls! I’m very frustrated!!! I put ads in the paper and signs out on lawns and recently made flyers. And so far NOTHING!!! My goal was to meet LeGrands challenge of 30 day do a deal and get the money I spent for the course back. BUT i’m failing miserable! Can you help me out??? ANy one out there is welcome to help me out!!! I use the words & tools i.e. newspaper, signs, flyers, business cards etc… that was recommended by LeGrand who is well versed to say the least in the RI business - SO FAR NOTHING !!! Iam getting no response! Can you share with what exactly works??? What are the words in your ads? What words attract these desperate sellers? And buyers? Where is it that you are getting the most response? WOULD APPRECIATE ALL & ANY HELP! Thank you,
Mrs.T

Re: WOW! Unbelivabe!!! - Posted by Dan Stra

Posted by Dan Stra on April 21, 2002 at 15:49:51:

Lisa,

I have been reading your posts with interest as you have come on line, gone through a course(s) and now appear to be having some success.

I am interested in going over some of the details with you in reference to what program you are using, etc.

Perhaps, I don’t know but perhaps, I may also be of some assistance to you in some area of this. I have been at it for about 6 years.

Please respond to this address if you don’t mind. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Dan