Writing an ad that sizzles!!! - Posted by Dan

Posted by karp on October 29, 1998 at 09:14:23:

My glib answer would be to tell you to email me.
However, it is imperitive to me that I be seen as a
contributing member of this newsgroup and NOT another
Capriotti, Enz, etc…

I can’t help that right now I am way deep in the lending business and have information that is extremely useful for the investor. After all I am an investor FIRST and a lender second. However, it is the method that I convey this information that needs to be addressed. I will speak with JP and make sure that I am within appropriate guidelines.

Until that time, I would suggest you just start calling loan companies in your area and give them the name of the program I recommended and see if they do it.

Best of Luck,

Karl Hartley

Writing an ad that sizzles!!! - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on October 28, 1998 at 14:03:45:

This is a follow up to anther post that I had a couple of days ago.
We have decided to Sell our house on a contract, and cash out the contract,(please no contract buyer’s, we used to be note brokers, and have our own note buyer here.).

What we need is an ad that will make the phone ring. We had no luck with selling it FSBO, cash out. So besides giving in to having a realtor, this is the only choice we have right now, as we need to get all the cash out and move on, no we dont want a rent to own or lease option situation, as we just want rid of the house in able to relocate.

And nothing against realtors, but they have done nothing for us in the past with this house, and we have almost run out of realtors in our area. We live on a Pacific Northwest Island. Local Realtors…etc…

Anyway, any ad suggestions are welcome…thanks, Dan

Nothing against realtors, but… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on October 29, 1998 at 15:36:39:

there is something in this post that wasn’t in your last…and that is previous realtor involvement.

How many realtors have been involved? Did they do a comparable marketing analysis to position the price correctly? Or did you tell them “This is the price if you want the listing”?

Was the home shown? What was the feedback? Were repairs suggested? Paint, fixup, cleanup? Did you do them?

I’m being blunt here because I sense time is of the essence for you. And I’ve had some real jerks as broker/agents to deal with…and I am an agent.

You have to look at your home AS IF YOU WERE BUYING IT. All the sizzle ads in the world ain’t gonna help if the underlying value is not there.

Lastly, call any brokers/companies and give them an open listing. If you can’t find a broker, I have a contact that may work with you or recommend a broker to you. E-mail me.

Sorry if this seems abrupt. It is not my normal method of communicating. However, I wanted you to get this as fast as possible.

Soapymac

Here is a site address… - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on October 29, 1998 at 09:33:02:

…for rural development loans - www.codetalk.fed.us/usdarural.html. However, it sounds like you almost have to be homeless to get these loans.

Kevin(OK)

Re: Writing an ad that sizzles!!! - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on October 28, 1998 at 15:14:19:

Hmmm. there may be a very neat option available to you depending on the location of your property. Please email me and I will call you.

Karl Hartley

Re: Nothing against realtors, but… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on October 30, 1998 at 12:40:31:

I’m not sure any realtor is going to treat an open listing seriously. Brokers will be reluctant to spend $$ on advertising or anything else for that matter. They’ll mention it in conversation but they won’t advertise it properly.

Just my .02 cents.

Re: Here is a site address… - Posted by Geff

Posted by Geff on October 29, 1998 at 13:43:04:

That is definitely not true…
This loan program is for rural areas though and in those areas, income rates are usually lower.

I live in a rural county so I use this program a lot.

Geff

What “Very Neat Option”? - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on October 28, 1998 at 15:27:21:

Why don’t you share that with all of us, Karl?

JPV

Re: Here is a site address… - Posted by Greg Schultz

Posted by Greg Schultz on November 02, 1998 at 18:26:26:

What is the site URL
www.codetalk.fed.us/usdarural.html did not work for me

Thanks
Greg

Re: What “Very Neat Option”? - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on October 28, 1998 at 19:11:17:

Okay, that’s cool.
I was in Houston last week for a mortgage seminar.
Some of the underutilized products that were brought out were the Rural Development/Guarenteed Rural Housing Loans. These have been around froever but while most lenders like myself “wrote them off” as sort of a niche play, they have come back in a big way.
For example:
100% financing, NOT FICO DRIVEN (!), you can be ABOVE
the median income, the areas these are applicable to have EXPANDED, no PMI, a 2/1 buydown option where the borrower need only qualify at the startup rate, and the only extra cost being a one time guarentee fee of 1%! That is a killer deal and I intend to use it to buy and sell properties. My thoughts were depending on the area where the gentleman who started this thread lives, he could advertise “100% financing” and generate a lot of calls.

Sincerely,

Karl Hartley

Re: Here is a site address… - Posted by Geff

Posted by Geff on November 02, 1998 at 20:35:54:

I have no idea what the website is.

Re: What “Very Neat Option”? - Posted by John

Posted by John on October 29, 1998 at 01:50:35:

Where can we find more information on these loans? Thanks.

Re: What “Very Neat Option”? - Posted by Geff

Posted by Geff on October 29, 1998 at 13:40:49:

Call on your local lending institutions. I work with three lenders that use a bunch of little known loans that usually have low or no downpayments. As a broker, I feel it’s my job to know about these programs and my clients see my as more of an expert since I do know about loan programs that other brokers either don’t know about or don’t use.

Geff