Your experience with Birch Realty - Posted by Mark Brandel

Posted by Edward Foont on January 24, 2004 at 14:52:14:

Yes, I agree. Mr. Burch is very helpful.

Your experience with Birch Realty - Posted by Mark Brandel

Posted by Mark Brandel on January 11, 2004 at 12:26:01:

Has anyone here ever dealt with Birch Realty?

I ask this because I am going to be a first time buyer of a mobile home park. Birch Realty has quite a few MHP’s listed for sale. When trying to deal with their realtors I seem to hit a brick wall. I ask about a MHP they have listed to try to get information on it. The response I get from them is all the information they have is listed on their website, and if I would like to submit an offer to do so. I can not seem to get anyone to talk to me. I have been talking with many realtors about various MHP’s and have never gotten this kind of response. I am trying to figure out if I am approaching this company wrong or if they really are the arrogant idiots my dealings with them have led me to believe. I do not like the idea of just not looking at anything they have, since they have so many listings. Their properties always seem priced extremly high but they do appear to end up selling for reasonable prices.

Re: Your experience with Birch Realty - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on January 12, 2004 at 10:59:56:

When I run into this, it is usually because the park(s) are overpriced, and the realtors are tired of wasting their time giving out details and working with a client and then having the client not make an offer because the figures don’t look good.

What I do is just make a lowball offer with plenty of weasel clauses so you can back out for any reason. When your offer is rejected or countered, you tell the seller and the agent that you need more information to offer more. If your offer is accepted, then you start to do due dilligence and see if you want the deal. Put in the offer "offer contingent upon receiving financial statements for the last 2 years, and buyer approving of numbers etc.etc. Make sure your clause allows you to back out no matter what. Agents take you much more seriously after you make an offer. They start to taste the money. Remember, if the agents are acting this way towards you, they are probably acting this way towards all buyers, so this can be a profit opportunity.

Re: Your experience with Birch Realty - Posted by John

Posted by John on January 11, 2004 at 20:15:55:

Call and talk to the onwer Willis Burch. There are a couple of things I would like to bring to your attention. Mr. Burch owns mobile home parks. If they get a lead on a nice deal park, Mr. Burch and/or partners will buy the park. If they dont think the park is worth it then the list the park. In other words they snatch up the good deals and list the rest. I know form experience.

Besides that Mr. Burch is a hell of a nice guy and will work hard for you.

Show the boss of the person you talked to… - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on January 11, 2004 at 19:59:46:

this post. I am sure he would like to see how is broker is doing…Briton (IN)

Re: Your experience with Birch Realty - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on January 12, 2004 at 18:30:42:

>When I run into this, it is usually because the park(s) are overpriced, and the realtors are tired of wasting
>their time giving out details and working with a client and then having the client not make an offer because the
>figures don’t look good.

The realtors are tired of wasting their time? It seems to me that if they consistently overprice properties it’s the buyer’s time that’s being wasted. Having said that, I agree with Gavin: always make an offer first, then do due diligence if accepted.