"My Real Estate Mentor" - Posted by steve

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by c fox

Posted by c fox on September 24, 2004 at 09:27:55:

I just got hit on my charge. Got a number from the credit card company to call to cancel. 877-677-2983
That number gave me an e-mail address to cancel the account: info@cancelmyreimentor.com
I hope this will be the end of it. They just hit me on the 19th, so it’s a good thing I monitor my card close.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” IS A SCAM - Posted by david

Posted by david on September 22, 2004 at 24:33:27:

First off have you contacted your bank? If not do it ASAP, Talk with their fraud department and have the charge removed be sure they send you a fraud repost to sign and send it back ASAP. If they refund the amount and send the report to you then they will handle it from there. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Re: I GOT REFUNDED! - Posted by Barbara Emmons

Posted by Barbara Emmons on September 20, 2004 at 07:56:43:

Much to my surprise and delight, I checked my bank today and I was refunded both months these guys took from me. They did make good on that! I’m still not back to work after surgery and money is tight. AMEN!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Willard

Posted by Willard on September 16, 2004 at 22:14:35:

It pays to keep in touch with your accounts or you would only have one charge not two. My bank automaticly cancelled my card and is issuing a new one also filled out a form to report fraud. Don’t mess around with them just report it and let the card company go after them.
Awhile back I got an email about some of these so called evil people that had you call a so called “800” number. It went to a off shore business that charged your phone for a out of this world charge of $200 a minute and then later it showed on the phone bill later. I didn’t make any calls to the number just to keep from being charged more to dispute the credit charges. Just informed the bank of what was transpiring and let it go at that.

Re: My Real Estate Mentor Fraudulent Charges - Posted by Billy

Posted by Billy on September 19, 2004 at 14:22:44:

I just received an email today saying I had been billed $29.95 by them.I never visited a website or clicked any buy or subscribe button … but sure enough they billed my credit card. Since PayPal and ebay are the only online companies who may have had my PayPal cc# (supposedly), I wonder if they are involved.

Oddly, when I logged into PayPal to cancel the pending pmt, there was no way to do so.

I agree with those of you here whose similar messages I was abled to read: hope they catch those crooks quick, lest one or more of us end up having to take matters through another channel to resolve the issue.

Please- note any emails sent to me regarding this posting should include “MREM-ACH claim” in the subject line to avoid it being mistaken for spam, which we are known to report to US federal authorities .We apreciate all pertinent information you can share with us in helping us find a resolution to this problem caused by these apparently unethical online vendors … and our own privately contracted team of problem solvers are working on finding these people and resolving the situation… hopefully in a legal,peaceful manner. After all … if those in power want the rest of us to do our business online … someone needs to get rid of the scammers and thieves first. Thank you for not spamming us.

Re: My Real Estate Mentor Fraudulent Charges - Posted by bob m

Posted by bob m on September 17, 2004 at 22:06:40:

They left message on my answer machine. Said my trial membership was about to end and that I would be billed to my credit card, a card that has not been used in sometime. Called the 877-677-2983 they left, all I get is a message that if I want to cancel to go to info@cancelmyreimentor.com,then a recording tells me to wait for a service person, I wait about 30 seconds then the same recording comes on and tells me to leave message. After three calls no one has called back.I go to the cancel address they give me and I need a username and password to get access. I will send copies of these complaints everyone has left to my credit card company along with my dispute of the bill.

Re: My Real Estate Mentor Fraudulent Charges - Posted by Willard

Posted by Willard on September 16, 2004 at 09:54:41:

I faxed all of the responces to my bank and they are looking into this. Sorry to say they paid the money yesterday. They will credit it back to me. I have filled out papers saying of the fraud when this is complete they will credit the funds.
I was thinking of emailing all of my friends to email all their friends to spread the word but in this way you are open to slander. Unless you have researched this out through your credit card company. Once you have ammuniton start firing.

Re: cancel my real estate mentor - Posted by salem m bourreza

Posted by salem m bourreza on September 20, 2004 at 21:35:06:

salem m bourreza 610 236 0307 cc #9643, and please issue a refund of $29.95
thank you

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Naor

Posted by Naor on September 08, 2004 at 09:43:08:

Same here: a charge on my credit card on August, and another now in Sept. The phone number is always busy 1-877-677-2983
It seems to be an automatic charge, must have gotten people’s credit cards

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Scott Miller

Posted by Scott Miller on September 15, 2004 at 19:44:54:

I called the number on my billing statement 877-677-2983 and went to the web site they give you (sorry, I don’t remember it) and sent a message and they took it off of my account within a couple of days!

No hassle whatsoever - which kind of surprised me.

Good luck.

Re: Home Depot experiences - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on June 26, 2007 at 17:03:16:

Hey Ski,

I’m with you man. HD is NOT the best place to find your contractor team.

I will tell you though, I did know a guy who hung doors and did it for HD for a short time to build clients. He opened his own business a year after that and is doing well to this day from what I hear.

I think some rookie contractors use HD as a starting point.

But most as you said are not very good, and as Michaela mentioned are certianly over priced.

RichV(FL)

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Barbara Emmons

Posted by Barbara Emmons on September 20, 2004 at 07:50:56:

Well yes WIllard it does pay to keep in touch with your bank accounts. Why thank you for that finance lesson. However, I was in the hospital for over a month after urgent surgery and frankly my bank account was not on my mind at the moment, living was. Just keep to the points please. This is a forum to nail this sleezy sucker. We all here have been duped. No need to get personal. If you feel that strongly to speak to me for whatever reason, take it to email.

Re: cancel my real estate mentor - Posted by richard compton

Posted by richard compton on September 22, 2004 at 10:13:56:

i did not order this dont know what this is dont want this want my money back asap

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Nelly

Posted by Nelly on September 25, 2004 at 01:03:18:

Mine happened on September 21. I never got a call from anybody.
Those scum bags!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on September 08, 2004 at 13:57:53:

Same thing here. I did call them in August after receiving the strange message that my card would be charged. I left a message somewhere telling them not to charge me, and I don’t think I gave them my card number at that time. I received a call back from them once in Augusust and they told me the charge has been cancelled. Now here on September 4, there was a charge for $29.95. My bank is reversing it, but what a hassle. I’m not sure where this company came from either. A check on the area code 877 shows that 877 numbers are used for non-US companies. I would suggest you get a new credit card number like me, or you may keep seeing problems with this ‘company’.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Willard

Posted by Willard on September 20, 2004 at 08:48:27:

This form is open to anybody that has had trouble. I am sorry if this angered you I was not aimimg that you personally it was in general. Sorry to hear you were in so much trouble with you life. please accept this apoligee. This is not the first time I have been hit by credit card theives. Since the first one which was two years ago I have been real gun shy of my cards. I my self have been off work since July fourth. Iam fighting tooth and nail to hang on to my fiances. When this happened it was a blow below the belt and that really hurt.

Re: cancel my real estate mentor - Posted by adam decock

Posted by adam decock on September 22, 2004 at 11:32:51:

SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME! IM STILL SITTING ON HOLD TO TALK TO SOMEONE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GOT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Jerry

Posted by Jerry on September 14, 2004 at 11:30:04:

I just received a bill on a credit card that I do not even use - and have not used it in more than a year. It charged the same $29.95 fee on August 11 and again on September 6. I just cancelled my credit card and am submitting an affidavit to the Credit Card Company reporting fraudulent activity.

There are some real dirt bags in this world, aren’t there?

cancel my real estate mentor - Posted by Donna Bawiah

Posted by Donna Bawiah on September 25, 2004 at 24:26:29:

Phone: 763 502 7686

CC: 3449

I don’t know who/what real estate mentor is. I want to cancel and receive refund for $29.95 which was charged to my credit card - I don’t want any thing to do with CREO, I’m not interested, I never contacted or requested any information/membership from you. Give me back my money and get your worthless phone number and recorded message FAR away from me!

Re: cancel my real estate mentor - Posted by Ramunas

Posted by Ramunas on September 24, 2004 at 14:55:55:

I did not order this,I did not give my cc nr…
I’ts unbelievable.I want my money back!!!