"My Real Estate Mentor" - Posted by steve

Be Careful!!! - Posted by Barbara Emmons

Posted by Barbara Emmons on September 21, 2004 at 10:34:25:

In reading new postings, I am seeing individuals posting their names, phone numbers, and credit card info thinking this is the website for the company. This is just a bulletin board and forum to share information amongst those of us who got scammed. Remember anything you post here is accessible to every perons on earth who has a computer. Be careful with personal and private information given out here. Remember,there are some not so nice people in this world, starting with My Real Estate Mentor. Most phone numbrs can be Googled and an address given. The last thing you want is someone at your door from a internet bulletin board. Also, your credit card info is now truly compromised, do get new cards! Read the posts and get the numbers we called and get your money back.
Again, do be careful folks!

Re: Refunded (?) - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on September 21, 2004 at 08:43:29:

I emailed the people yesterday and got a reply back today saying that I would be credited for the $29.95 with a confirmation number and they cancelled me completely from their database. From what the other people were saying, I thought I was going to have to squeeze my money from these people, but it was suprisingly easy. The reply I got was from a Hal Friedman “hfriedman@impactmerchantsolutions.com” Hope everyone else gets their money back. Good Luck!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” IS A SCAM - Posted by Isaac Chapple

Posted by Isaac Chapple on September 21, 2004 at 07:41:21:

I was just charge by these punks. I don’t know who the hell they are but i work too hard for somebody to be taking my money. I have left several messages and emails as well. Please help

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on September 20, 2004 at 08:38:34:

Same thing here. The back told that there was nothing they could do about it until the charge actually went through, even though I had already told her it was a scam. Did anyone else get their money back yet? I’m defintely filing fraud charges and reporting them to the BBB. If enough people do it, maybe we can send this garage to jail.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by drey bigney

Posted by drey bigney on September 20, 2004 at 13:27:48:

Steve-

I recently had a similar experience when a company charged me when they shouldn’t have. After i got the situation resolved (it took a month, and the Better Business Burea had to get involved) I went in and explained the situation to the bank manager, and he reversed all the overdraft fees on my account. I don’t know what bank you use, but it may be worth a try.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Barbara Emmons

Posted by Barbara Emmons on September 16, 2004 at 13:23:43:

I went to the phone number posted in many emails to date. I got the email address posted info@cancelmyreimentor.com, my mail was returned as the address no longer exists. I called the number back to speak to an operator. I held for 23 minutes. A young man came on the phone and to be frank had a “smart assed attitude” was rude, condescending, but understood what I was saying. Supposedly, it was gleaned from my IP address and they billed from looking at a website about real estate. How?, I do not know and he was not willing to give more information than that. I was charged for August and September, I got 2 confimation numbers for each month and am supposed to get my money back in no less than 5 business days. I told them never to access my account again as well. I am still filing fraudulent charges with my banking insitution and informed him of the same. He hung up on me. I will follow up here in a few days.
Good Luck

Re: My Real Estate Mentor Fraudulent Charges - Posted by Lynn Shiver

Posted by Lynn Shiver on September 15, 2004 at 12:17:54:

Well, looks like I just joined the group. Same everything. Charges, telephone # and messages. Called my credit card, cancelled and put them on the alert for these financial predators. If anyone finds out anything please post it. Hopefully the authorities can find and put an end to them.
Thanks for your postings.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by david hamilton

Posted by david hamilton on September 29, 2004 at 10:27:40:

cancel my real estate mentor
photo 773-583-4607
david hamilton
or
my call is to bbb

thank you

Re: - Posted by Donna Bawiah

Posted by Donna Bawiah on September 24, 2004 at 15:58:10:

Phone: 763 502 7686
CC: 3449

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” cancel - Posted by salem m bourreza

Posted by salem m bourreza on September 20, 2004 at 21:26:55:

Name: salem m bourreza
610 236 0307
cc #:9643

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Paskell J Poindexter

Posted by Paskell J Poindexter on September 20, 2004 at 19:11:39:

Please Cancel my Real Estate Mentor
My name is Paskell J Poindexter
Phone Number is 916-771-9270
My Last four is 1996
If this is not canceled I will Report this to DRE
I am a real Estate Broker DRE # 1006022
I demand a full refund of all charges.

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Steve S.

Posted by Steve S. on September 07, 2004 at 23:12:58:

I had a mysterious $29.95 charge on my Visa debit card August 13th, and my bank, Sun Trust,(Florida), said the only info they had was "Augora Hills, (spelling?) CA. No phone number, no specific address. I have another charge for the same amount showing up today, Sept. 8th! Anyone know anything else? Please let me know!

Re: negative experience - Posted by David

Posted by David on September 02, 2004 at 11:06:06:

never heard of them until I saw the credit card bill. They do have a number which, apparently, handles a huge amount of refund requests… I’ll call my credit card co. next week just to make sure. The number was 877.677.2983 good luck!

Re: “My Real Estate Mentor” - Posted by Dave Lapierre

Posted by Dave Lapierre on September 15, 2004 at 16:43:10:

I just got an Aug. 11 charge for $29.95. Will be looking into it.

Re: The only difference is… - Posted by Andy

Posted by Andy on July 19, 2007 at 07:10:17:

Point taken. I guess I need to be a little more secretive about the details. I mistakenly assume that everyone is half way across the country. Thanks

Re: Making my first offer and I’m in a panic! - Posted by Gene

Posted by Gene on July 29, 2007 at 10:21:21:

>>>>>>>>>>The local market is sideways with no new developments due to local ordinances.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would do some more homework on your area…

Thousand Oaks is -7 yoy. Thats down…not sideways.

Factor in inflation is down over 10% yoy

Also I have know there have been some major job loss in that area because of the crash in lending. I would be very careful.

Re: Making my first offer and I’m in a panic! - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 29, 2007 at 02:01:21:

Get rid of that And/Or Assigns… you don’t need it… if the the contract doesn’t say it isnt assignable, then you can assign it… (unless there is a state reg, or soemthing)

It makes you look like a rooky…

And get rid of the $0 down thing…

Again, just make the offer for all cash…

If your wholesaling a 650k property… you should be making a whole lot more… 5k ain’t even 1%… if your going to do this thing… give yourself a raise… You said the realtor is making 2.5%…

Your an investor… And as an investor you get paid more… otherwise just go to realtor school… and you can get paid 1% - 6% without all the headaches…

Ok, so… now stop your stomach from turning…

Cause if you want to get a deal done… and this is the approach your going to take… making offers through realtors and your just starting out…

You’re going to need to make 100 plus of these things (offers)… and your going to get plenty of angry realtors, and people who just don’t seem to see it your way…

So, thicken up your skin… or go buy lots of stock in malox…

Re: Making my first offer and I’m in a panic! - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 28, 2007 at 21:34:50:

Hi David,

Please let me know how your offer turns out. I also live in CA and would love to hear how other investors in our state are doing.

Re: - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on October 02, 2004 at 23:03:39:

I found the charge about 2 weeks ago and have e-mailed and tried calling multiple times at all hours of the day with no success getting through. Or having a rep call me back like the recording says. Definitely fraud!

Re: Home Depot experiences - Posted by ski

Posted by ski on June 25, 2007 at 16:47:22:

HD recommends the contractors who buy from them. They are probably the WORST in the busines. Many stated do not require a state license to do business. The better contractors uauslly will use a supply house for their supplies and HD when it is convient. The ones HD recommends cannot get a line of credit from the supply house 'cause their credit sucks or their work sucks. In short, STAY AWAY…