National DO NOT CALL List ... - Posted by Redline

Another good example… - Posted by Hal Roark

Posted by Hal Roark on July 02, 2003 at 08:50:14:

Houserookie,

The discovered multiple default of sub2s is another good example of where different, informed investors can place the risk at different points on the risk continuum. I agree.

As in both cases – and everything that involves risk – it’s up to each investor to make a decision for him/herself and act accordingly. Different people can have different stances, and take different actions, as a result.

Hal

Sleep tight… - Posted by Hal Roark

Posted by Hal Roark on July 01, 2003 at 17:45:06:

I woulden’t be too worried about this issue, if I were you. See my answer to Tom, above.

Good luck,

Hal

Re: You’re missing the point of this law - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 01:23:11:

Brent,

I understand what Redline is trying to do. Redline is probably the nicest and most honest business person with the best free information in America. Redline is doing this for the benefit of mankind.

Redline wants to do what’s best for America. Yes, I can understand and appreciate that.

But the point is, State and Federal Law says, “Redline isn’t welcomed by phone.”

I personally would like to see this changed but for now, it’s the law.

I would like to see alcohol and drunk drivers off the streets too but the law says bars can stay open late.

Brent, this is not about what I want or even what I like, it’s about the law.

Are we discussing law here or what is in the best interest of small business owners?

Re: You’re missing the point of this law - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on June 27, 2003 at 23:10:43:

Well, just be sure to have $11,000 in the bank for every one you call, in case one decides to bust you, LOL. Hey, that could pay their arrearages!!! Hmmm, funny how things work.

Great…thanks… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 27, 2003 at 20:24:10:

I’ll put that one in my little black book of “things you should never do for people that know it all.”

Why don’t you ask Mr. Kaiser what he thinks of this new law. Maybe you and Mr. Kaiser can sit down for cup of coffee for an update to his course.

You posted a question about the new law. sounds to me like you’ve already made up your answer before the question. What you wanted to hear is confirmation of what you want to hear.

Hey listen, go ahead man… you can do it!

You’re totally wrong !!! - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on July 01, 2003 at 18:22:41:

Just kidding. Thanks for the insightful post. Now I gotta go find some people to call before this law takes affect! ;-))

RL

huh? - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 02:03:56:

What?? I never said I was a charity or I am doing this for anyone but myself.

Sure I like to help people in forclosure but only if there’s a fat profit in it for me at the same time.

You must be getting someone else’s post confused with mine, or you must be on the pipe.

RL

Re: You’re missing the point of this law - Posted by Brent

Posted by Brent on June 27, 2003 at 23:17:04:

I give up on trying to talk to some of you people. Like I said, I am not selling anything. I am trying to help people out of a problem. Maybe I should just stop all pre-foreclosures contacts and just pick up the houses at auction. hmmm, funny how things work when you have alot of cash investors behind you!

Brent

Re: Great…thanks… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 24:36:15:

All I’ve got to say is… you talk alot of trash for a guy who not too long ago was on here asking beginner questions and didn’t know a deal from a hole in the ground.

RL

If you would look and read again… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 02:09:14:

you’d notice that response was a reply to Brent’s post.

Redline, calm down. Come back here in six months to report your experience and result.

Re: You’re missing the point of this law - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 24:40:58:

“I give up on trying to talk to some of you people. Like I said, I am not selling anything. I am trying to help people out of a problem”

You can’t be serious. YOU ARE SELLING YOUR SERVICES! Unless you plan on paying their mortgage or letting them live with you, you are selling your services. Tell me how that seperates you from anybody else calling to sell something?

You can justify this in your head all you want. Not that I think it would come to this, but It’d be laughable to hear you explain to the FTC “Well I’m not selling anything, I just called them to help them with their foreclosure. Uhh, yes I am a real estate investor, and yes I do this for a profit”.

This whole thing will wind up being moot because the law seems to imply that its for interstate calls AND for marketers selling products for a third party … but still, don’t try and rationalize that you’re not selling. YOU ARE.

RL

Re: Great…thanks… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 01:29:40:

Do you realize that there are kids in their teens that are much more advanced and more successful than you? If you go through life thinking like you do, I guarantee that you’re going to fail.

Go ahead and make your own law.

The do not call list was enacted too long ago. It has nothing to do with your experience from five decades ago. This has to do with NOW.

Some people learn faster than others. I can see why you’re still debating cold calling.

Good luck, guy.

Re: Great…thanks… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 01:59:36:

This coming from a snot nosed kid like you is laughable. You have no idea how successful or not I am, so you should be careful what you say since you have no idea what you’re talking about. I paid more in taxes last year than alot of people earned. You could be one of them.

The FTC’s just launched the registry today, so again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. 735,000 phone numbers were registered.

Seems to me YOU’RE the one who thinks he knows it all and has got it all figured out. I brought this up to see if anyone thought it would affect their business and you come up with a dumb blanket statement to the effect of “this will not effect anyone who knows what he’s doing” and then you proceeded to scold me about how “chasing” deals isn’t the way to go. This is based on what? Your vast experience or the millions in deals you’ve done?

Please. Save your overinflated ego and bullsh!t for someone who cares. You’re just making yourself look foolish.

RL

Redline…income tax more than rookie? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 28, 2003 at 11:19:13:

Somehow, I doubt you paid more in taxes than Houserookie made last year. HR sold a patent to either priceline or expedia back in '99 for an undisclosed amount around mid-high 7 figures. This snot nosed kid also owns a motel franchise in the Midwest. He flips homes currently and invests heavily in private mortgages. He owns or has influence in a private foundation that works with homeless people and innercity teens in the Minneapolis area.

HR is one snot nosed kid that I would’t mind learning from. He has a style and delivery that is unique and rough but nonetheless useful and direct.

Twin City Business newspaper profiles successful young entrepreneurs in 2000, I am almost certain the Austin featured is the same Austin that we know as “Houserookie” on CRE.

I’m not too sure if his overinflated ego is what bothers people or the fact that the kid knows what he’s talking about and challenges conventional thinking.

Anybody that is a regular of CRE onlinr knows who Houserookie is because the kid is one of the reasons why we still come here.

We’ve lost many quality contributors on this board. If you take Ronald Starr, Houserookie, Bill Bronchick, Johnboy, Jim, John, and few other names out, CRE will become a 24 hour infomercial destination.

Re: Great…thanks… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 02:14:46:

Well Redline, if you really want to get down to it, I believe you were the one that brought up “chasing” deals.

This do not call list is not news. The database might have been created today. The proposal and laws regulating it was initiated many weeks ago.

Okay, I am the foolish one here. Just don’t go around and tell everone you’re a real estate investor.

We don’t need anymore negative publicity about shady people in this business.

Cheerz,

Re: Redline…income tax more than rookie? - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 14:05:51:

Mike I have no idea who you are because I’ve never seen you before, but I’ve been around here for quite some time. The names you mentioned probably “know” me as well.

As for HouseRookie, what I didn’t care about - was the fact that he didn’t address the issue I posted about but rather told me that I didn’t know what I was doing in a pompous newbie sort of way. Funny how seasoned investors never come off this way. If he’s such a big shot then he should invest some money in personal training because his style and attitude suck.

I’m sure people he knows (like you) tell him how smart he is all day long. Maybe that’s part of the problem.

BTW, thanks for the biography. I’m putting it up on my wall.

RL

uhhh ok whatever. - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 28, 2003 at 02:22:50:

Here’s a quote from you, since you have selective memory: “If you know what you’re doing, you’d be spending LESS TIME chasing real estate deals.” That’s you saying 1) I dont know what I’m doing and 2) I shouldn’t “chase” deals.

And because my marketing plan involves mail, door knocking and calling - I am shady?

Now you’ve gone from foolish and ignorant to not making any sense at all.

RL

Re: Redline…income tax more than rookie? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 28, 2003 at 15:32:13:

Redline, your insinuation that people must know Houserookie to see what he has done to help others on this site lacks substance. There are 40,000 sets of eyeballs that frequent CRE on a weekly basis. The statistic doesn’t surprise me that you are one of the 40,000. My apology to you if your name was excluded
from the list of key contributors. There are
Joe Kaiser, bill gatten, Johnhyre and others that
I can’t recall at the moment. They know who they are.

From my reading of the thread it appears HR already addressed the issue at hand but to your dislike.

You say do not call list is okay.
HR says it’s illegal.
You got upset and initiated the name calling.
HR retaliated and you got even more upset and reverted to even more name calling.

What cerification or training would be required of HR to appease your appetite? He seems to be doing just fine with or without you or I. He is not the party questioning the legality of cold calling.

I have participated in prior discussions involving HR and have never seen him call anyone names. Altho I have seen him retaliate to the dislike of many of the opposition.

We know where you stand on the issue of do-no-call-list. We also know where HR stands.

If I recall correctly HR isn’t the only one that is apposed to intrusive marketing ( cold calling ).

Here’s selective memory - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 02:46:01:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/76606.html

I never said anything about marketing plans that include mail and door knocking. I AM TALKING ABOUT CALLING PEOPLE ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST.

DON’T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH, PLEASE.

The do not call list has nothing to do with door knocking or direct mail.

Look at the time stamp once again, Redline, and prove to yourself once and for all.

Cheerz,

Mike, Creonline is generally - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 28, 2003 at 18:12:04:

a good place to meet new people and discuss new ideas, investing methods, and experience. The combined experience of all contributors on this board is worth millions of dollars.

However, sometimes, a membership is required if you want make new freinds. It’s kinda ironic when you consider that we come here to share and learn from each other. Putting both new and old ideas to the test.

Cheerz,