Robert Allens $6000 Mentoring Course - Posted by Nick

Linda … - Posted by Robert Campbell

Posted by Robert Campbell on August 22, 2003 at 19:59:33:

First, I doubt I possess any more inborn intelligence than you or anyone else on this board.

With respect to my latest posts on smart decision-making … whether the arena is real estate, stocks, baseball cards, business or whatever … this is what long-term success always comes down to.

If you study and research successful people (including investors), you will find they think more objectively than less successful people.

My message may not be for you, but I have to tell you that I give seminars in So. California on “Timing the Real Estate Market” that 90 to 95 percent rate as “excellent.”

I’m not saying this to boast but only to refute your statement that I speak at a level that is beyond the average person’s level of knowledge.

I can assure you that my seminar attendees do not all possess superior intelligence.

Please understand that my area of expertise is timing real estate trends. And markets are markets, so the same general principles (buy fear, sell greed … for example) apply to the stock market as well.

You can be a real estate idiot, and if you get the timing right in the cyclical markets that exist on the West Coast and in the Northeast, you will do very, very well in real estate. Get the timing wrong, and you can be quickly taken to the slaugher in these marketplaces.

With 30 years of study, research, and experience … guess how I know this?

Best wishes,

Robert Campbell

How to use this information - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on August 25, 2003 at 07:47:22:

Robert,

I bought your book but only read a couple chapters so far. Please explain to me how the average person should use this information.

If you are suggesting that one should only buy when the market is low and sell when prices are high, then I should have loaded up on properties between 1991 and 1999 and then sell off everything in 2003, then wait till the market drops and then load up again, and so on and so on.

Needless to say I don’t see how this is practical for the average investor. Maybe you cover this in the book. I’ll read some more.

ROBERT & ALL - Posted by Linda

Posted by Linda on August 25, 2003 at 06:09:52:

With 45 years of experience, action and learning the most effective way, in the school of hard knocks, not the surealist school of acamedics, guess how I know? Go back and take a look at this long, long thread. It is 90% theoretical and “much to do about nothing” Most of it is just blowing in the wind. Although, one might expect that from our sometimes kooky Golden State. Most so called economic trends and predictions are hogwash. When they don’t pan out the predictor just comes up with an excuse or another trend to explain why they did not. Buy low, sell high,is about all you need, although through experience you learn you can make money going up and coming down. Timing be hanged. Good common sense and wide open eyes and due diligence will better see you through. One man’s meat is another man’s or woman in this case poison. Selling trends and theories is an exercise in futility! Nobody, especially newbies should waste their time and certainly not their money on them.

Robert - Posted by John V, FL

Posted by John V, FL on August 23, 2003 at 01:58:12:

>You can be a real estate idiot, and if you get the timing right in the cyclical markets that exist on the West Coast and in the Northeast, you will do very, very well in real estate. Get the timing wrong, and you can be quickly taken to the slaugher in these marketplaces

Great quote Robert. When everyone is making easy money it should signal something but few actually get it and want to stay too long so as not to miss the rest of the party. Instead they get to attend a funeral too.

As far as the stock market and the economy it is funny that way too many RE investors think it is off topic and not relevant to their investment decisions. We real estate nvestors have been in total control for years but everyone acts like it is a God given right to get high appreciation yearly, to be able to rent any place fast, find lease-option buyers and get the bank to finance any deadbeat you chose to help you cash out. Just work hard and make a fortune. Be in total control with real estate. The financial markets are vodoo. How quickly we forget 1990-92, 1980-82, and 1973-75

Re: ROBERT & ALL - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on August 25, 2003 at 10:07:22:

Linda,

You said,

>>>>>Good common sense and wide open eyes and due diligence will better see you through. One man’s meat is another man’s or woman in this case poison.

What you call meat is what I probably label as “system.” Which is exactly my point. You cant blindly follow someone else’s system for a one time fee of $6000.

Cheerz,

Hmmmm? - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on August 23, 2003 at 21:36:17:

I know those years well. A total of 6! However, what about the other years in between? A total of 24! God given is what you could call it. Or is it consistently lucky. Loosely translated, good.